Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Do you tip Domino's Pizza when they deliver?

I'm in the UK so this is a question for fellow Brits... Do you tip Domino's Pizza when they deliver? Usually for any other Pizza Delivery place in the past I have, but these have been local places where the prices are not so expensive. I have always tipped and just told them to keep the change whether it has worked out at 5, 10, 15 or once in a blue moon 20%.



In this country I know its not really the culture except in restaurants where it has become more the norm now but I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this? Would you top Domino's? What about other local Pizza take away places that deliver?



I kind of figure that Domino's Pizza in the UK is so expensive that they must have already factored in service charge, fuel costs, car tax, insurance, insurance premium tax, carbon tax, car servicing and repair bills, speedy supersonic delivery and enough profit for them into the mix. I mean I love their Pizzas but can anyone honestly tell me that 拢5-29 for 7" Pizza doesn't already have all this factored in? 拢9-99 for 9.5", 拢11-99 for 11.5", 拢13-99 for 13.5"? It seems like they're charging 拢1 for every inch in diameter the Pizza is for the bigger sizes.



I'm not so sure it can be down to the price of Mozarella, although expensive, I am having 12" Pizza in local take away for the price of a tiny 7" in Dominos, and local take away seem to pile on more ingredients especially mozarella.



Do you tip Domino's or do you believe that the price has been factored in like me and are sticking to British tradition? No doubt this genuine question may be deleted as Yahoo tend to delete questions like this without notice, concerning other corporations and their financial interests!



Well, I'm now going to order and treat myself to this 拢9-99 online offer. I've had a craving for a Hot %26amp; Spicy Domino's all day! Yum! Still not tipping though ;)Do you tip Domino's Pizza when they deliver?
I never ever tip dominos when they deliver, tipping is more of an American thing.



The drivers already get paid to deliver, and it's hardly like they're providing you a service like cutting your hair (i dont even tip hairdressers) I'm sure they'd rather be delivering pizza then actually working in the kitchen.



Enjoy your pizzzaa ;) im so jealous i had dominos on wednesday though.
give them a dollar at least maybe 2. the person isnt making a lot of money and may have a family to support. its actually a tougher job than you think , plus there bringing it to your lazy butt LOL so give them a few bucks :)Do you tip Domino's Pizza when they deliver?
Uhm, you dont have to. But you can ( ? )
The pizzas are over-priced so NO! lol

=]Do you tip Domino's Pizza when they deliver?
Id tip them but they make alot more money than you think so only a dollar or two would do:)
I would.
No I do not tip delivery drivers, they charge me for gas so why would I give away my money!
Yup.....
Yes... you have to tip
I tip for service and fuel used to bring me my food!
no, they get paid dont they?!
I tip any of my delivery people $5
I usually tip all delivery people whether it is customary or not. As far as I understand, a lot of food delivery people make more on tips as they are being paid below minimum wage. My suggestion is that, you should do what your heart desires. There is no such thing as you have to when it comes to tipping. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment