Saturday, February 18, 2012

I want to be succesful, but it feels like the odds are against me...?

I'm facing a huge dilemma (well at least in my life). I'm a young mother to a 3 month old baby %26amp; I have decided that I want to return to school %26amp; provide a secure future for myself and daughter. I'm tired of struggling to pay bills %26amp; tired of my 9-5 that I've held for 3 years already... The problem is that no matter how I try and work my way around it, it doesn't seem like the odds are in my favor... My schedule with work and school just don't coincide... If I wanted to focus 100% on school I'd have to cut my hours but if I cut my hours I wouldn't be able to make ends meet... I'm not a single mother combined my B/F %26amp; I make 100 hours a week, but we still need to work these hours in order to make ends meet... Then due to the fact that I can't go to school %26amp; take at least 2 of the pre-requisites for the program I want to start in Sept. I may not be able to make it into the program... see what I mean? Its like a continous circle that I can't do this 'cause I cant do that.. a domino affect really... I know things arent supposed to be easy, but this seems absolutley impossible, I've even tried to take online courses but for the program I'm going for those classes aren't offered... I have the motivation %26amp; DESIRE to return to school, but it seems like I wont be able to succeed doing both... is there anyone out there who can give me some honest, inspirational %26amp; helpful advice? I feel stuck btwn a rock %26amp; a hard place :`(I want to be succesful, but it feels like the odds are against me...?
I agree with Libby below, ASK! You never know until you try.



However I have my own advice to give you, this isn't really a solution to fixing your life immediately but it will help. Stop being negative. Everything you do in your life you control right? But everything that happens to you changes what you decide to do, and you can't do anything about it, right?



WRONG! If you truly want something then aim for it and don't let ANYTHING get in your way. You need to make time, cut back on hours to get sometime in school. Ask for help from your family. There are so many things you can do to help yourself but your to busy saying you can't that you really can't.



So stop this feeling sorry for yourself crap. Stop this complaining. The odds aren't against you your attitude is. Think that you can do it, and you will. Everything we do directly affects what happens to us. Now you may not be able to do this at the moment, but don't give up, don't post pessimistic crap like this onto Yahoo Answers when you could be using this time devising an action plan.I want to be succesful, but it feels like the odds are against me...?
Define "Successful". WHAT does that MEAN- to You ? Having a Career ?? Making lots of $$$ ?? Self- fulfillment ?? Bringing up a Happy Family ?? ALL of the "Above" ??? ANY successful "venture"- is a matter of placing One Brick upon Another- and Building a future from THERE. This takes a LOT of Time, Determination, Persistence- and PRIORITIZING by taking "care of" what must be done FIRST ! Never mind all the "plans" you have for the Future (the Future WILL take care of Itself..). What you need to do- is Concentrate on ALL the stuff You can do NOW- so as to lay down the Foundation for what you want to come "next". SO; - ENJOY your Baby NOW (they don't stay That Way- for long ! ), keep working Hard %26amp; chipping "away" at those Bills. And try NOT to get Discouraged that You don't seem to be "getting anywheres- fast..." You're already well "on your Way..." -on your journey through Life whose "destination" is your Dreams come true... Good Luck, %26amp; happy 2010 ! :)I want to be succesful, but it feels like the odds are against me...?
Have you talked to your workplace about allowing you to adjust your hours so you can go to class? It doesn't work with all jobs, but a lot will be willing to work with you if you can stay late or come in early some days, or work longer some days, or come in on weekends. You won't know if you don't ask.



And before you automatically say, "They won't do that," stop. You're setting up artificial barriers for yourself in pursuit of an easy answer. Your workplace might very well be willing to work with you... but you have to ASK.
Short answer: you can do anything you want to do.



People come to this country with nothing and a family to support and make it happen. My best advice is: talk with your boyfriend and let him know that you need him to step up his game so you can go back to school.

Cut all expenses that are not necessary like cell phones, cable, eat in, bring lunch to work, use coupons and only shop when things are on sale, etc. Don't buy soda, drink homemade iced tea. Go to the thrift store if you have to to get clothes. It's all up to you in how bad you want this. Also, you and your b/f are a team now - considering you have a child together. This is a team effort. Something I live by in life, "I'm making it happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment