Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What kind of sugar cubes were these?

When I was a little girl my dad would buy sugar cubes and put it in his beer. I would always steal a couple of sticks out of the bag and eat them the way they were. I really thought I was eating candy at the time until he told me they were sugar cubes. I wanted to buy them for myself, I guess to relive old memories, but I can't find them.



When I'm searching for them (whether online or at the grocery store) I find the Domino and such other sugar cubes that, very well, look like cubes of sugar. The kind my father would buy were actually almost clear-ish (maybe a little tan). The cubes stuck together, so in the bag they were more sticks of cubes. I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know which sugar cubes I'm referring to?What kind of sugar cubes were these?
That sounds like rock candy. Sometimes you can get sticks of them with little cubes. You might try a candy store. These pictures aren't very good, but you could try searching somewhere else:

http://www.bulkfoods.com/old_fashioned_h鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment