Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Domino's Pizza added a tip to my carryout order?

I recently began ordering Domino's Pizza from their website and then driving over to the location and picking it up myself as a Carryout order.



Now for Carryout, I NEVER tip. I'm sorry but since I'm picking up the food myself and getting it To Go I see no reason to tip.



The total for my order was $16.71 and I gave the guy my Debit Card and they ran it through, then hand me a slip to sign that has $16.71 then a space for a TIP then a space for me to wright in the TOTAL with Tip. I wright in $16.71 and DRAW A LINE through the TIP area and sign my signature at the bottom. I was using my Debit card but they ran it as a Credit because apparently Domino's has no keypad for customers to enter their Pin Number.



Anyway, I go online to my bank website and I see a PENDING CHARGE for $16.71 just as it should be. Then about 4 days later I go online again and I see a charge POSTED to my account from Domino's Pizza for $21.71!! It's the same date as the day I ordered my Pizza. In other words, Someone added a $5.00 TIP to my order bringing it from $16.71 to $21.71!!



Is it normal for Domino's Pizza to ADD a tip to a carryout order?? Don't I have to APPROVE this before they just charge me $5.00 without my consent??Domino's Pizza added a tip to my carryout order?
That is so illegal. Whomever got your slip wrote in $5.00 over your line and reconciled it through the credit card machine, then pocketed $5 thinking you wouldn't notice. But usually only managers can do the reconciliation. I'd put in a complaint too. If you still have your copy of the receipt, I'd be calling the bank and disputing it.
This is fraud and you should report it to your bank and/or the police..





Possibly there is a $5 charge for a small order but I doubt itDomino's Pizza added a tip to my carryout order?
No they can't just charge a tip, somone probally wrote in 5.00 where you drew the line, call your bank and dispute the charge!
No, someone wanted a $5.00 tip without your consent.Domino's Pizza added a tip to my carryout order?
No, you have to approve of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment