Saturday, February 18, 2012

Does a pizza REALLY cost this much?

I'm on Domino's Pizza website and just for kicks ordered a large (14-inch) one-topping pizza.



Total is US$14.08.



Add tax: $1.18



Delivery charge: $1.99



Total: $17.25



Now, until online ordering (new to me), I never realized I was already paying for a delivery charge all these years. What a sham! So what am I tipping the driver for?



17 bucks and a quarter for a pizza?



I'm going to Subway : ) $5 and a little extra (for tax).Does a pizza REALLY cost this much?
My husband worked at dominos in ohio they dont get the delivery charge, only like a dollar per order commision depending on the franchise owner, we used to get the 3 one topping med. for 15$. in my opinion dominos isnt worth it anyway
yeahh haha its sum wackk *** shet thats y u gotta use the coupons and stuffDoes a pizza REALLY cost this much?
Yes.. Pizza cost about that much amount nowadays. I remember back then, it only cost me 11 dollars, and that is including tips.
yeah, at Pizza PIzza that's how much it all costs too... think about it though, a large is usually around 13 or 15$, and then tehre's delivery and tax.Does a pizza REALLY cost this much?
Ha Ha

Yup!
ya it sucks, dominos is only good if you use their deals
wow! where do u live?

and yes subway is better and way cheaper
Hardly ever do you not pay a delivery charge for pizza or anything else delivered to you. Supposedly the driver doesn't see the money from the delivery charge, which is why you're supposed to tip him/her. too. They can drop dead. After tip my pizza is going to be 50% more than it is advertised as costing.
Yeah that sounds about right. I Anytime I order a pizza I spend about $20 with tip. Delivery charge isn't for the person's pocket. It's for the gas tank. It goes up when gas prices go up.



Subway is alot more healthy and cheaper. I'd recommend Subway. ;)
subways are a little chewy
Yeah there is always a delivery charge. That's why when I order pizza I get it for carry out. No delivery charge and I don't have to tip the driver.
I am always amazed at how much people will try to charge for pizza! And Domino's is Cheap Crappy pizza too! Look at the prices of some gourmet pizza, $23.75 to sit in a restaurant and eat a pizza with only veggies on it! $25.75 if you want it delivered!! Yes, the pizza world has lost it's mind..

http://www.pizzamondobend.com/
What a revelation!



Now you understand what it's like to think clearly when you "sober" up!



Well, I guess it's better late than never!



You're on a roll, tomorrow anything is possible, perhaps you'll master tying your show laces!
Well, your problem is that you are ordering from a chain restaurant. Try eating at local independently run restaurants instead. The food is immensely better, and they're usually cheaper. I get 2 XL 2-topping pizzas for just shy of $15.00 at my local pizzeria, or 1 XL 2 topping for just shy of $9.00. After tax.



When I lived elsewhere, I used to get a large cheese pizza at my favourite pizzeria for $5.00.



And, you are tipping the driver for his service. Delivery charges are for the company, not the driver. It covers gas. Definitely always tip someone who drives all the way to your house to bring you something - otherwise, just go pick it up yourself.
i hate ordering pizza. it is expensive! sometimes i have cravings; otherwise, it's digiorno(sp?)!
If it's dominoes i don't think it should be that expensive...
ok the delivery charge is what they pay the driver which is 32 cents per mile they go which doesn't even cover the gas now a days at the end of your shift you give them the number of miles before work and the number after and they pay you for mileage
YES UNLESS U ORDERING ONLINE SRRY FOR THE CAPS MY KEY IS STUCK
Being an old man (well, 48 is middle-aged) I remember when a Domino's large pizza was 16", not 14". A single topping was $6.98. Mind you, that was 1984 (probably before most people here were born). I had to know what the competition charged (I ran a pizzeria in a college town) so we could undercut them.



Actually, delivery charges are a recent phenomenon. The reason some chains started using them was two-fold: gas prices were rising (and drivers were spending a lot to deliver your pizza) and fewer people were tipping. The Dominos near me does not add a delivery charge. In addition, I use the coupons on the web site or in the paper if and when I order.

No comments:

Post a Comment