Saturday, February 18, 2012

I feel really bad, wouldn't you. Should I?

Earlier this week I ordered a breadbowl pasta and an order of breadsticks from Dominos. I took it back to where I was the evening to find the middle cold. So I called them back and the person that answered asked if it was pick up or delivery and then I replied neither. He then gave a grunt. I said my breadbowl pasta was cold and they hung up. So I filed a complaint online and the corporate office put me with the manager through e-mail. I recieved an e-mail saying that he needed the number I called from and through that number he would be to figure out who hung up on me and they would be fired on the spot. I feel bad because it is a bad time to be fired in right now. All I wanted was to be recompansated for my breadbowl. That small of a request and they have to blow it out of proportion. Should I feel bad and what should I do. The manager has the number.I feel really bad, wouldn't you. Should I?
Yes, I would feel bad too.



But we shouldn't feel bad for this employee getting fired. He/she obviously did not care about his/her job enough to provide decent customer service. Anyone employed in this business should know that piss-poor service will result in eventual, if not prompt, termination. They might be able to get away with it in Kevin Smith movies, but this is reality. If it wasn't your issue, it would have been another. It was inevitable.



However, I'd probably try to reason with the manager. I'd tell him exactly what you've just said. Basically, that your displeasure came not from the employee's behavior, but from the condition of your food item. While you trust his judgment as a manager regarding his staff, all you're asking for is a refund.



The employee will probably be fired anyway, but I think the matter of your bread bowl should have been addressed along with the personnel issue.
That's ridiculous. Is there some way to go above the manager's head and report him, too? It sounds like the whole damn store forgot that they're in customer service and don't care to remind themselves of it. If domino's cared about its business, they'd quickly purge and rehire in this store.

Report Abuse

I feel really bad, wouldn't you. Should I?
They are employed to give you a service.



If they offer a service which the general companies policy regards as not appropiate or not good enough, it is within their right and fairness to remove this person to allow someone who will give the advertised and intended service instead.



Simply if you are in the service industry, don't feel bad if people who give poor service are removed.
If you took it home then it was pick up. It's too late to do much now other than call back and say you'd rather just have your money back and let the person keep their job. Most likely they will be fired since being rude to a customer is not acceptable especially in times like these where business is slow.I feel really bad, wouldn't you. Should I?
Don't feel bad;you didn't know and there is not much you can do at this point.You can call the manager back and say you don't want the person fired.That's about it though.
Give the manager the number! That guy was a complete JERK! Who does that to a paying customer? I know its a ruff time right now, but if he wanted to keep his job he would have been ALOT nicer, i mean c'mon. So bottom line... give the manager the number. I hope I helped.



:::Anoymous:::
its really your call on what course of action you take if he is like this with customer's he will be reported by some one eventually any way
Hanging up on a customer is not acceptable. The person who did it either is not cut out to deal with customers, or doesn't like his job to begin with. You may be doing him a favor. He could get fired and find something better suited to his persona.
Of course they hung up! They asked u if it was pick up or delivery %26amp; u said NEITHER. I would of hung up 2 for the simple fact that I would of thought u were playing on the phone just like they did!
No; I do not think you should feel bad. That person made the choice to treat a customer poorly knowing full well today's economic situation. If they lose a lot of customers because of this guy, other employees could suffer as well. You did the right thing.
Customer Service thats there job they chose that so what ever

No comments:

Post a Comment