Sunday, February 12, 2012

Does the customer fill out the tip or does the delivery person fill it out?

I ordered Domino's Pizza online with my debit card.



i signed the receipt which i saw was blank or thought it was blank.



i realized i got charged over 4 dollars and they sent me my receipt showing that i got charged 4 dollars because it said it on the receipt as tip NOT IN MY HAND WRITING.



can the delievery people put in there own tip? or does the customer do that?



isnt that stealing my money?Does the customer fill out the tip or does the delivery person fill it out?
Nice. You definitely got gypped. You are the only one that is allowed to fill that out. Keep your receipt, you should take it in and confront the business for being guilty of fraud. If nothing else I can almost guarantee that you'll get a free pizza or something out of the deal.
People who handle credit card slips actually get fired and can be criminally charged for this. The customer always fills out the tip part. If one does not fill it out they can only charge you for the initial amount.



I once say a girl have to go to court because of $1.50.



You were an easy mark since you did not fill it out. So in the future fill it out. If you leave a cash tip write a line through the tip section.



What next depends on how far you take it. You said they said they sent you a reciept so I suppose you spoke to them. Now it is only $4.00 but still.



Personally I would call them and say that you are going to make a big deal about this unless something happens as you can prove it. What you want is some free pizzas, then you don't have to deal w. the legal crap, you will in the future sign it and the person will be fired.



If they give you issue tell the police. Then call corporate. You may also dispute the charge with your bank so that will mean more potential headaches for them.



Make it clear that you expect (talk to the head guy) that you expect him to call you.... not the other way around.Does the customer fill out the tip or does the delivery person fill it out?
You fill out the tip on the receipt if you to give a tip,if not scratch it out
You were definitely robbed!! Follow up with the restaurant, or if you are very angry about, with the local police. It's as bad as if he stole all the money you had in your wallet on the street corner. Don't let him get away with it.



It also happens when you eat in a restaurant. It happened to me. At the end of our meal, I left a cash tip on the table. I had a gift card for a larger amount of money than the bill.

The waitstaff brought me a paper to sign and there was a tip line, which I zeroed out by drawing a line over that space, and re-wrote the total on the bottom line, so as to leave no tip from the gift card. Lo and behold, the next day,

I go on line to see the balance on the card, and the waitstaff decided to add 20% onto the gift card, which still left a

very small dollar amount left on the card. After many phone calls to the manager, I finally got the stolen amount

restored to the card and the home office sent me a $25 gift card to make up for it. It didn't really because the waitstaff

should have been fired and arrested for stealing. Now, I pay in cash, or partial gift card and the rest in cash.Does the customer fill out the tip or does the delivery person fill it out?
Tell me you didn't sign a credit card slip and leave the line blank ? Were you born yesterday, or just last night. Buy'em books, send'em to school and this is what happens. NEVER LEAVE A BLANK LINE ON A C.C. SLIP...Got it?? Good. Cheap lesson. Next time, just put a ZERO with a line thru it. Save ya some more grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment