Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentines Day, Should I get a plane ticket for $400 or Send Flowers. I think she is about to dump me!?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. It has been a great relationship so far, like the kind that ends with marriage. She graduated and went off to grad school 400 miles away to get her PhD, and is starting her 2nd semester. I am finishing my bachelors and plan to move closer to her when I graduate. We have been working a long distance relationship, and I tried to find ways for us to spend time together even though we are apart, like playing dominos online while we each study, or doing yoga together over skype, and of course phone calls. We see each other on holidays and when she comes to visit family and its just like old times.



About 2 weeks ago i sensed a change in her, she doesnt call me as much, she doesnt answer when I call, she hangs out with friends from work and is always quick to mention all the girlfriends of her all male coworkers who she is going to hang out with, even though I don't ask. I also noticed that she used to call me to vent about her day and get some empathy, but she seems disconnected lately. I think she may be spending more time with one of her male coworkers than she leads on, no cheating though, not yet anyway.



I have seen these signs before and it was right before I got dumped. Ouch! So I am trying to prepare myself mentally for a breakup. So this beg the question:



Question:

Valentines Day is coming up, should I drop $400 on a plane ticket to go see if i can save this thing, or send Roses %26amp; Chocolate and wait a bit longer to see if I am just paranoid about this whole thing. By the way, I plan on visiting her anyway for spring break in march for a whole week instead of just a weekend(valentines day).



Thanks for your help and sorry for the long description.Valentines Day, Should I get a plane ticket for $400 or Send Flowers. I think she is about to dump me!?
Well how about just coming right out and asking her?Good communication is so very important in any relationship,also trust.So instead of just fretting and worrying about it so much driving yourself crazy call her up and say we need to talk,basically just tell her all the things you are feeling and why,hopefully she cares enough about you to be upfront,If she confirms all that you have suspected then you can settle it in your mind and start to heal and move on,It's better than not knowing.But then again she may just tell you she has been busy and you two can start communicating more.Good luck...Valentines Day, Should I get a plane ticket for $400 or Send Flowers. I think she is about to dump me!?
Honestly, go visit her. That'd be the best gift on a day that most people prefer to be with someone. If you really want to keep her, just be safe and visit! It'd be good for both of you. It'll (hopefully) rest your paranoias, and maybe reignite your guys' flame!

No comments:

Post a Comment