Sunday, February 12, 2012

Please help; I have constant fears of the post office losing my mail?

Like the other day, I mailed out my renewal forms for my business license and had it mail certified about two days ago an I'm nervous about checking the tracking status online. I make a money bet with my best friend that the next thing I send out will definitely get lost in the mail, and he thinks I'm full of crap when I say that. I then always lose the bet cause my mail gets to the places just fine. And my friend doesn't take the money and runs away from the bet, lol. I'm so terrified that these very important forms will never reach their destination and that I'll be stuck with an expired license and shut down my business, then I'll have bad credit cause I won't be able to pay my bills, then result in repossessions, evictions, etc,....well I call this the Dominoes effect. How can I get over my agonizing fear of things not working out?Please help; I have constant fears of the post office losing my mail?
You are a little obsessed with this and your fear keeps feeding off itself and getting worse. You imagine all these worse- case scenarios . You certainly have a fear of things not working for which there is probably no basis. When you get these thoughts do this mental exercise- visualize a big red STOP sign and concentrate on it. Really really focus your mind on that one word STOP. when the fearful thought tries to creep back in use all your willpower to force it out. it does work.Please help; I have constant fears of the post office losing my mail?
I have similar fears but I've since learned that these fears are actually trust issues from childhood. What helps for me is distracting myself with constant new information and also another *critical* factor is proper nutrition + sunlight because this can be a brain malfunction.Please help; I have constant fears of the post office losing my mail?
You are making yourself nervous. Try and calm down over the situation. It is very, very rare for the Post Office to lost your mail, even on busy days.
sounds like an obsession and OCD, relax and calm yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment